We need to come up with a new place to start our ride from. There are numerous reasons for this to be good for us but most importantly we are still providing a service to a former sponsor and not benefiting from that in anyway. Furthermore, I think its important to have a place with a bathroom at the origin so our rides are smoother. We also need to figure this out now so we can communicate it to our friends well before we start riding.
To me a good origin would have the following (feel free to add more criteria):
1. A bathroom so we don't have to stop until Highwood.
2. Would be between Irving park and Bhai temple somewhere close to our current route
Some ideas are:
- Groundswell on Damen and Winnemac
- The Coffee Studio, 5628 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60660
- Brothers K Coffeehouse, 500 Main St, Evanston, IL 60202
- Lee Street Beach, Evanston
DD on California & Lincoln
+ Dollop at Montrose and Paulina
I second this! Groundswell or La Boulangerie are great morning meet up spots.
+ Perfect cup -- the down side to this is that it's not a clear separation from Turin. But it's nice because it s not a big change for use either (as is Groundswell up the street). + La Boulangerie & Co Wilson, 1945 W Wilson Ave, Chicago, IL 60640